7 years!

7 years ago I woke up as nervous as I had ever been.  It was my wedding day, and I was scared.  Of what?  I'm not sure, but I've never been one to handle life-changing decisions very well.  I got up, did my hair and makeup, and applied medicinal ointment to the breakout of impetigo on my lip that had surfaced on account of being so stressed.  My mom and I drove to the Snowflake temple, where we were to meet Dustin.  When I saw Dustin, he was also showing signs of stress.  A massive pimple had formed on his chin.  We were definitely a good looking couple that day!

As I look back on that day I can't help but think how young we were.  I was 19 and Dustin was 22.  Kids really.  Well those two crazy kids got married that day and started their amazing lives together.

We lived in Thatcher, where we also attended school.  We lived in a tiny, one bedroom house that was infested with scorpions.  I don't think I ever got a good nights sleep in that house.  Partly because we only had a twin (yes, TWIN) bed, but I can't tell you how many times I woke up to seeing a scorpion inches from my face.  We had no cable, so we spent our free time taking advantage of different Blockbuster plans, and playing the good 'ole Nintendo 64.

We sure have come a long way since then!  Almost 5 years later we gave birth to our beautiful daughter Kate, and now 7 years later we are weeks away from having our son Max.  I'm so grateful for our family and our lives together and I wouldn't change a thing!  I love you Dustin!  Happy Anniversary!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim said...

Seems like just yesterday we were there with you celebrating and decorating the car! You guys are darling, congrats!!

Petersens said...

Congrats! It goes by so fast! I can't believe we're all so grown up still.

Jessica and colby said...

love the wedding picture! i cant believe you only had a twin bed!!!!