Best Anniversary Ever!

As you know, Friday was our 7th anniversary. We dropped off Kate at Uncle Jaron and Aunt Beth's house and Dustin and I headed out to celebrate. We had reservations at The Keg Steakhouse. It's probably the fanciest place I've ever eaten at. The service was beyond awesome. When we got to our table their was a Happy Anniversary card on it signed by all the waiters. They were good at keeping our drinks filled, the manager came over to check on us, and best of all-- they gave us our dessert for FREE. The food was absolutely amazing, but I'll try not to remember that because it will be a long time before we can just drop $75 on dinner again. I had a 7oz steak that was wrapped in bacon (fabulous!) and Dustin had "The Basbeball Steak" which is a steak so thick that the most they can even cook it is medium rare. He was in heaven. The free dessert we received was the biggest brownie sundae I've even seen!  It was amazing.  After we finished stuffing our faces we headed over to the jewelry store.

Earlier in the week I had bought Dustin a new wedding ring. He lost his about 2 years ago, and we just never got him a new one. So I figured it was about time I fixed that! Well, right after I bought it Dustin's phone broke (Kate poured water on it) so we needed the money that I had paid for the ring for a new phone. So unfortunately he knew about his present before our annivesary. Well, because of that Dustin decided that we should go back to the jewelry store where I bought his ring, return it for store credit and use that as a down payment to buy ME the new ring he's been promising for years.

So after about an hour of back and forthing-- I finally found one that I LOVED and that we could actually afford. There was one better that I really wanted but, um yeah....it would have bankrupted us! So maybe in like another 10 years I can upgrade again :)  So here is my beautiful new ring!


It's a white gold band and the center is 5/8 carat diamond certified.  Which is supposed to be important :)  I love it!  I haven't taken it off since I walked out of the store.  And, of course, I just let Dustin keep his:


It's black tungsten and very cool. I knew as soon as I saw it that it needed to be Dustin's. It was much easier picking a ring for him than it was for myself!

Anyway, it was what Dustin's been calling our first "grown up" anniversary and it was awesome. I love you so much Dustin! I can't wait to see what the next 7 years bring!
Photobucket

No comments: