Play-Doh

Lately I've been really trying to keep TV watching to a minimum at my house. #1 I'm really getting sick of Tinkerbell #2 Kate needs to use her imagination more. #3 Kate is generally less whiney and in a better mood when the TV hasn't been on all day.

Realistically though, it doesn't really happen too often because I'm 33 weeks pregnant and have NO energy. BUT- a couple of days ago I did whip out one of Kate's birthday presents (thanks Beth) and let her go to town. Play-doh!

Needless to say, she loves this stuff! What two year old wouldn't? She loves to smash it, tear it apart into little pieces (which are "bread" and "cookies" naturally), roll it into balls and snakes, and even take a taste every once in awhile.  No matter how many times she tries it though, it always tastes "yucky".



 Check out my baby's awesome bed head!  I wish I could say this picture was taken in the morning, but in reality I think it was about 11:30.   See?  No energy!


 "Wook, Mom!  A big cookie!"

This stuff can keep her entertained for hours.  In fact she's playing with it again now as I sit on my butt and blog.  She has made a "couch" out of the green dough.  She know to put each color back in the cups when she's done and to only play with it on the table!  She doesn't always do it, but she does KNOW it's the rule. 


Well I better go monitor the current play-doh playing.  There are green "couches" all over my kitchen floor.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Every mother 'vows' to never have play-dough in the house. Each and everyone of us eventually caves. Just put away a dollar per week/month and in a few years you can replace the carpet and floors.Bwahahahahah!!