The Results

Yesterday was Max's CT scan.  I didn't sleep hardly at all the night before.  Dustin took off of work that day so we all went to the appointment together.  I thought about leaving Kate with someone, but we ended up just taking her with us.

I rode in the back with the kids on the way to the appointment.  The person who scheduled this scan said that it would be best if he was asleep for it so I was determined to keep Max awake on the car ride over there.  We arrived and Dustin and Kate went inside to check in.  I fed Max in the car and tried to get him to sleep.  I was unsucessful, so we went inside to wait.  Max was SO fussy and wouldn't go to sleep!  I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to do the scan.  But when we got called back there and Max was lying on the table he calmed down.  Dustin stayed in the room with him and after awhile got him to go to sleep and Max slept through the CT scan!  I stayed outside with Kate, and I'm glad she was there with me.  I was holding back tears the whole time.  It's not easy seeing your baby lying on a CT scan bed. 

The scan itself took a lot less time than I thought it would.  The techs remarked on how good he did, and gushed over what a cutie he is.  We left the office and got in the car and I immediately lost it.  I was so worried about my little boy!  I checked my phone and there was a text message from my mom who said that she had put Max's name on the temple's prayer roll.  Even though I was still crying, I felt peace that there were so many out there concerned and praying for Max.

The rest of the day I tried to keep busy and keep my mind off of it.  After we all took a nap, we decided to go out and buy more lights for our house.  Our house now looks much better than it did last year.

I didn't really sleep well last night either.  I knew I would most likely get a call with the results today.  I woke up this morning with a knot in my stomach.  I knelt down and prayed this morning.  I read my scriptures.  I snuggled extra close with my kids and at 9:49 I heard my phone ring and I knew this was it.  I took a deep breath and answered my phone.

My doctor then told me that everything looked great!  She told me that his skull hadn't fused together but that there was some fibrous tissue there.  She said it wasn't anything to worry about and proceeded to explain to me why it was there.  I didn't catch a word of it though, I was so busy choking back tears of joy!  I ended the phone call thanking my doctor profusely, and ran to pick up Max.  I gave him a great big hug and started sobbing.  Kate quietly touched my head and said, "What's wrong Mom?" and I said "People cry when they are happy too.  I'm happy that Max is okay.  Remember how we've been praying that Max's head would be okay?  The doctor just called me and said he's okay"  We all shared a big hug and then I called and shared the news with Dustin.

We are so grateful to everyone who was praying for Max.  We truly did feel your prayers, and we're so happy those prayers were answered!  I cannot describe the joy and relief I feel right now at this moment.  The power of prayer is real and a wonderful thing.  I'm grateful for this past little while and how much my testimony is grown.  I'm so happy everything is okay!!!

1 comment:

Rappleye Family said...

Erin, that was beautiful. I am so happy for you guys!!