Gingerbread Houses

No I did not make actual gingerbread.  We used graham crackers.  But "graham cracker houses" just doesn't sound as good as "gingerbread houses", so I kept calling them that.  Kate called them "wittle houses", maybe that's more appropriate. 

We had the other Watson's over to create these for Family Home Evening.  Oh side note- the kids (Maddock, Jaylee and Kate) sometimes fight over whose name is "Watson".  It goes a little like this:

"I'm Kate Jordyn Watson"
"No I Jaylee Watson"
"No I'm Watson!"
"No I'm WATSON!!"
"No I'm WAAATSOOOOOOOON!"

It culminates in a screaming match over who is the real Watson, and then we have to explain that everybody's name is Watson.

Anyway...

on to last night. Kate was so excited to do this she probably asked me when we were going to make houses at least 50 times.  I had whipped up some homemade butter cream frosting for this.  We probably needed something a little stronger, but it worked for the most part.



Kate and Jaylee mostly just ate their candy, but Maddock proclaimed "I don't like sugar!' and used every bit of his candy to decorate his house.


Some close ups of our creations. 

Maddocks
 Kate's

Dustin's very elaborate, but undecorated home.

Jaylee's (after Beth added the second story)
 And my sad little attempt.

It was so much fun, and the kids had a blast!  Definitely a Christmas tradition in the making!

19 more days! 

...but who's counting?  :)

No comments: