She wanted so badly to make a snowman, but the best we got was a pile of snow. She shortly discovered after that that it was much more fun to throw the snow anyway.
We just relaxed and ate good food the rest of the day. After dinner we had Kate call Santa Claus! This was a tradition in my house growing up. Every Christmas Eve I would call and talk to Santa (my Grandpa). Kate was amazed by this! She is usually so quiet whenever I try to get her to talk on the phone, but I guess none of those people are as exciting as Santa, because I've never heard her talk so well!

After that we loaded up in my family's Durango and went and looked at Christmas lights. We were being loud and jovially singing when I noticed Kate had fallen fast asleep! We were able to take straight from the car and put her to bed at 7:30 on Christmas Eve. Something tells me it's not going to be that easy every year!
After getting Kate in bed, we made hot cider and homemade doughnuts!
That night Dustin and I stayed up with my brothers and played games. We played Scattergories and Imaginiff and then we got set up for Christmas morning. I hardly slept that night of course, I think Christmas is even more exciting when you're a parent!



No comments:
Post a Comment