Glitter

Have I mentioned before on here how much I love Pinterest? I'm pretty sure I have. I follow a lot of photographers on it and there is a trend growing.  Pictures of young girls blowing glitter.  I've been wanting to try it for awhile, and yesterday I took Kate outside to try it.  I fully expected for her to not want to do this, but she was all about it!  She kept saying, "let's do it again mom!", and I'm glad because it took a lot of frames to get these shots!  My 5 foot tall weeds all blurred out actually make the perfect backdrop for these :)  It was pretty tricky.  For all interested, this is how I did it.  ISO 400, 2.8, 1/60.  I wanted a large aperture so I would get a shallow depth of field to blur out my hideous weeds, and I only wanted her hand in focus, and I wanted a slow shutter speed so the motion of the glitter would be streaky.  So...it was very hard to get a two year old to hold very still while she is blowing a pile of glitter.  As you can see this one is a little OOF, but I like the motion of the glitter.


And this one...well I couldn't be more pleased with how this one turned out!  I just love everything about it!  Kate's room is in need of re-decorating and if I go with a fairy theme--this is definitely going big on her wall.  I will definitely be incorporating glitter in future shoots.  So fun!

2 comments:

Petersens said...

SOOO adorable Erin! That's so creative! and Kate is beautiful :)

Kim said...

SO creative and such a great idea to hang it on her wall. Great work!