Kate's Blessing Day


This past Sunday, June 7th, we blessed our little girl. Kate was blessed in the same dress that I was blessed in. It is also the same dress that my mother was blessed in, and that her mother (Kate's great-grandmother) made. It is all hand sewn and in excellent condition.

These two pictures are of my blessing day. I wanted to show everyone how much Kate looks like me. I tried to get Kate to pose the same way I was, but she wouldn't cooperate. But our expressions are (almost) identical!





Our families attended the event. Grandpa Foree, Grandpa Watson, and Uncle's Jaron, Scott, and Andy all helped to bless Kate. The blessing was beautiful; it made me cry. Then Dustin and I bore our testimonies. Dustin has always told me that if we were to ever have a child, that I would have to bare my testimony on his/her blessing day. I was terrified. I actually have never done that before. I've been a member my entire life and I've never done that. I don't think that Girl's Camp and EFY count. I did it though. I sounded like an idiot, but I did it. Now I'm off the hook for a couple more years....:)



After church, we hosted a little get-together at our apartment. The weather was really nice so we set up a breakfast at one of our complex's gazeboes. We had bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruit salads, and drank kool-aid and orange juice.


It was a really wonderful day. Thanks everyone for coming!

9 comments:

Kim said...

That is awesome that she wore that same blessing dress, she looked so cute! You have a cute little family!

Alicia said...

Aw, she's so beautiful! We were able to bless Lacy in the dress that my mom and I were blessed in. It's amazing!! I wish I could have been there. Everything looks like it was perfect.

Rappleye Family said...

Ohhh Erin I loved the pictures! She did look like you. Thats cool you blessed her in your dress. I hope to do the same thing with my future children! Congrats it looks like a nice day...we were at a baby blessing on Sunday as well, In Las Vegas for a new Nephew we got. Loves!

Deven and Britany Dicus said...

She looked so beautiful! That is so neat that you've all been blessed in that dress, it is so pretty!

Lindsey said...

How sweet for her to wear a dress with so much history! She looked adorable! Such a special day!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Congrats Erin! She's darling :) I'm the same way as you, I hate speaking in front of people!!!

Unknown said...

Aren't blessing days the greatest? Congrats, Kate really does look like her beautiful mommy. And the dress? what? what a special legacy that was.

RonElaine said...

I LOVE that she wore your dress! I was so excited to have Anna wear mine (your Mom made Liah's).

Thanks for that sweet pic of me & you on YOUR blessing day! :)

Alicia said...

I cannot believe how much you two look alike! That is amazing. You have such a cute little family. Congratulations!