So in an attempt to expand my horizons, I'm going to share my opinions on things-that-don't-matter-but-we-care-about-anyway.
For starters-- current events.
I personally stopped watching this show a while ago. The last couple seasons turned into one big commercial. It was basically an enormous ad for all the resorts, amusement parks, and zoos they visit free of charge. The product placement was annoying as well, leapfrog, nintendo, Ann Taylor. Not quite as annoying as when The Biggest Loser tries to push Extra gum, or Cheerios on us, but still. They went from a completely happy life in a little house, to a family obsessed with fame and money. And as for the parents...Enough already!! You both claim that your children are your number one priority, but wouldn't the best thing for them be to end the show? It's hard enough for kids to go through a divorce let alone with the world watching. If you don't want your kids to end up like all the other child stars -end the show. Take them out of the spotlight. You may still be able to stop the inevitable Memoirs of a Gosselin Child biographies.
Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!
And wives--if you don't want to end up a nag-- please read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. It's the best book about marriage ever. Also I heard she just came out with a book called In Praise of Stay at Home Moms. I'd like to read that. Maybe I'll go get it this weekend at Barnes and Noble.
Also- I need a good book to read. Any suggestions?
Heidi Klum is pregnant with her fourth child. She said in a recent interview that she always gains 45-50 pounds with each pregnancy. It makes me happy to know that even the most beatutiful people in the world can't escape pregnancy weight gain.

I'm really excited for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It looks really awesome. He is one of the most imaginative directors, so I can't see how this couldn't be good. Plus- I love Johnny Depp and he's playing the Mad Hatter. I just read that he gave a waiter a $4000.00 tip. See? Handsome and generous.I cried when those three kids (Voices of Glory) sang God Bless America on America's Got Talent.
I laughed when that guy sang that song about David Hasselhoff.
Did anyone see when Mark Paul Gosselaar appeared on the Jimmy Fallon show as his teenage alter-ego Zack Morris? Hilarious. He hasn't aged a bit.
I'm supporting Jimmy Fallon's attempts at a Saved by the Bell reunion. How do I donate to the cause?And finally I need to ask y'all a question that has been bothering me for sometime:
If Buzz Lightyear believed that he was a real spaceman, how did he know to be still like a toy when Andy entered the room?
5 comments:
I agree with you about the whole jon and kate plus 8 show. I used to watch it religiously but now its totally different. Ill have to get that book. Ive heard from a few people that its pretty good.
I love Jimmy Fallon still. And his stint with Zack was so funny. Time out!
I loved The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. I'll have to get my hands on her book about stay-at-home moms.
As for recommended reading, you should read Pride and Predjudice. If you hit Borders Books, you can find a zombie version of Pride and Prejudice. Sounds ideal.
I never watched that show with Jon and Kate. But I still feel like I know them personally. They're everywhere!
And in other current event news, I just read on a really unreliable internet source that Michael Jackson went into cardiac arrest.
If he dies, that would make these past few weeks just depressing for Hollywood. Farrah Fawcet, Ed McMahon, and then Michael Jackson. Wasn't it bad enough that Heath was taken? Wasn't it?!
PS -I love all of the blogs about Kate. She's is so beautiful.
You can never blog to much about your kids. That is all I ever do!
I love that you watch Keeping Up Appearances!! Like I said we can be best friends now :) It comes on PBS like once a week on Friday or Saturday nights. Hyacinth makes me laugh.
HAHA! I loved the Zack Morris thing. I laughed the whole time! I'm definitely a Saved By the Bell fan! And I agree. I'd like to personally tell Jon and Kate to get their priorities straight. Those poor kids! Oh and PS you can post about your daughter all you want. She's adorable! :)
Did I not give you the book by Laura? I seem to remember I gave you my copy! Great book. I need to read it again, also I can't wait to get her new book. Yes I can see the adorable fonts. I wish I had the time to figure these things out myself. Keep those pictures of Kate coming! I will go into withdrawls if I don't get my weekly "fix" of Kate. Love you! Mom
Post a Comment