Snowglobe

Yesterday, for craft time, I decided that Kate and I would make a snowglobe. I had been saving a jar for the occasion and yesterday seemed like the day to finally do it. I wanted it to be Christmas themed, so I came up with a genius idea to make an ornament snowman for it. We glued two silver balls together to make the body, added some beads for the eyes and nose, and some do-hickey I found in my junk drawers that looked exactly like a little top hat! 

 I learned a few things yesterday.

--Hot glue is not the glue to use when your craft will be submerged in water.
--Glitter clumps.

--Ornaments will still shatter in water.  Our poor snowman now looks (although there is no picture depicting it) unrecognizable.  What used to be a cute snowglobe, for about 5 minutes anyway, is now just a jar of glitter water with shards of ornament in it.  Notes for next time:  Use a plastic toy.  Use super glue.

..And what is this mysterious package?
"Special Delivery from the North Pole?"  hmm....  stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So cute! I love the snowman. I've made snow globes beore, and you need to add glycerin ( you just buy a pack o suppositories and dump one in) to the water to make the glitter work right.

Kim said...

what a fun activity... sorry it did not work out. it is the memory that counts right?