Christmas Friday

Well we're back from our wonderful Christmas!  We had an amazing Christmas this year!  I have so much to blog about!  We'll start with Friday.
One of the first things we did when we got there was play in the snow!  We got the kids bundled up in what we had. Thank goodness for Grandma Watson's stash of snow clothes!  We put some snowpants on Kate and she wore both her sweatshirts on top of each other.  The kids had so much fun sledding, shoveling, and making snow angels in the snow, and the adults...well...we got so cold we forced the kids to come in sooner than they wanted.  haha.


We came inside to get warmed up, and Grandma Watson got out a gingerbread kit.  We tried our darndest to put that thing together!  But in the end we just handed each grandchild a side and let them decorate it.


Then it was time for our traditional mexican food feast!  We had tamales, enchiladas, and green chile chicken chimichangas.  Yum!  Then after dinner we had a live nativity story.  The little girls were angels, Maddock was a shepherd, Scott and Jaron were wise men, Beth Sherice and Lacie were the innkeepers, Dustin and I were Joseph and Mary, and Max got the starring role of baby Jesus.  Maddock did an awesome job of acting scared of the angels!  He stayed in character for the whole nativity!



After that we played our traditional Bunco game and I won a panini maker! I'm so excited about that!  We love our family and I look forward to this night every year!

1 comment:

Kim said...

How fun!! That is an interesting tradition to have Mexican food, that is my favorite kind I should adopt that. The nativity is so darling.