This is my nephew Maddock. I am, of course, grateful for my two adorable nieces too, but this post is about Maddock. He just cracks me up! He says the funniest things. Here are a few examples.
A couple days ago I was watching him and his sister Jaylee, when I notice that Maddock has been staring and touching my clock for awhile. Curious, I asked, "What are you doing Maddock?". Still stroking my clock he says, "Erin, this is a NICE clock!" Thanks buddy. I'm glad that you think the $3 clock I bought at Goodwill is so NICE.
That same day I was changing Kate and Maddock says,
"Erin, are you changing Kate?"
"Yes"
"Is she stinky?"
"Yes"
Then he comes over and looks at Kates "mess" and says, "NICE ONE KATE!"
Last Saturday night, my father-in-law was in town, so we had everyone over for pizza. Maddock was kind of grumpy because he had skinned his knee really bad earlier than day. After a while he cheered up and was playing upstairs with Kate's kitchen. He was making all of us "macaroni", and was bringing bowls of it up and down the stairs. On one occasion he was heading up the stairs to fetch his dad another bowl of macaroni when he fell and hit his skinned knee. All the adults downstairs were silent, as we waited to see what his reaction would be. What we didn't expect was for Maddock to exclaim, "Oh no! I spilled the macaroni!!" hahaha. This kid is awesome.
Oh man, I love this kid. I'm thankful for him, and I'm especially grateful that he makes me laugh every time he comes to play.

No comments:
Post a Comment