Charity never faileth

(I meant to post this yesterday)

November 7th 2010

Today my heart is so full. As I've started this project to write posts about what I'm thankful for, I've struggled to know what to write about. I'm thankful for many many things, but the words just don't come to me like they used to. But not today.

I just got home from church. Today the spirit was so strong, and I was an emotional mess. The thought just kept coming and coming to me today about how grateful I am for my ward.  And more specifically, the people in it. I've never EVER been in such an amazing ward before Period. The sisters are just so awesome here. I felt welcomed as soon as I moved in (a year ago now, can you believe it?) and these sisters are some of my closest friends. I have never felt such a unity and friendship in a relief society before. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure every other sister reading this knows what I'm talking about because they feel it too. I'm just so thankful for them. You know how people say that everything happens for a reason? Well, I believe that the reason we were blessed with this house is becuase I needed this ward.

In other wards Dustin and I have been in, there were times when were were borderline inactive. We would ditch regularly or just go to sacrament meeting. (Unless we were called to primary, which is probably why we always were called there!) I just didn't feel the drive to go to church like I do now. Now it's something we always do, and that I love to do.

I just want to add a special shout out to Brianne Ralston, Cami Dean and Stephanie McGuire. I wasn't really having a good day, just kind of feeling down on myself, and the things they said about me today totally made my day. You girls are awesome!

I just want to bear my testimony (becuase it's easier here than in front of everyone at church) that I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus is there for us and that he will help bear our burdens. I'm thankful for my ward and the inspired Relief Society organization, and especially for the RS presidency in my ward. You sisters are amazing and I'm so thankful for all that you do.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

our ward is amazing. I know that we were placed here because we needed this ward to. I dont think anyone can understand how truly great it is because they dont feel what we feel. AND I think you are amazing, sweet, a great mom, beautiful and such a great friend!!! Just to let you know:)

Brianne said...

Oh my goodness! You just made me cry! I was totally telling Cami yesterday that sitting by you and her made my Sunday! I just think you are so amazing! I'm so glad we are friends! I to am so thankful for this wonderful ward. We've never been in one like it before either. I feel like we are all growing up together with our little families. I feel so supported! We are so blessed!

thedeanfamily said...

I love you ERIN!!! I love your blog. I love our ward! I also love Brianne!

Jess said...

I love all of the above!!