Today Beth and her kids came over. The kids were playing in the living room, and Beth and I were doing some crafts at the kitchen table. I noticed Kate was smelly, so I grabbed a diaper and wipes and laid her down in the living room. After I had cleaned her up- and before I had put a clean diaper on- I looked up and noticed something on her Kangaroo Climber (a small jungle gym with a slide).
Tan, six legs, two claws, long tail and a stinger.
Yep. A friggin scorpion was on the kids' favorite toy (which they had been playing on all day)! Well, I completely freaked out. I told the kids to get away, and I grabbed my sunday shoe (good thing I hadn't put it away yet!). Beth took the shoe away from me, took a deep breath and hit the scorpion with all her might. She hit the scorpion so hard it literally flew about five feet and landed on the carpet by the windowsill. It still wasn't dead so she kept hitting it with a shoe, and I went and grabbed a hammer. Then she pounded it with a hammer until is was most positively dead.
I grabbed a grocery bag and a napkin and she gracefully picked it up, while I realized that Kate still didn't have a diaper on.
She was awesome, and I'm so glad she was here today. I am no good when it comes to bugs, and scorpions are the WORST. So today I dedicate my thankful post to Beth. You are so amazing, and I'm so glad to have you in my family. I don't know what I would do with out you!
And thanks for saving our lives today.
No comments:
Post a Comment