12 weeks

Today I am 12 weeks along, and I already have the belly to prove it.

Photo courtesy of Kate Watson

This pregnancy feels just like the rest, not sick, just really tired.  I usually can nap when Max naps, so it works out.  My craving are similar to when I was pregnant with Kate.  I want salty stuff.  Chips, salsa, popcorn, Mexican food...  Unfortunately all of these give me heartburn now so Tums has become a staple in my diet.  With Max I only ever wanted sweets.  So maybe this is pointing towards another girl?  I don't know.  We shall see!

I had a doctors appointment today.  They said everything looks good so far.  It took two people to find the heartbeat which freaked me out a bit, but once they found it it was really strong.  165 beats per minute.  Max laid on the table with me while they used the doppler on my stomach, he was very interested in it all!  I think he's starting to get it a little bit.  Today he pointed to his stomach and told me there was a baby in it.  Kate thought the doppler was an ultrasound machine and asked the doctor is she could tell her what the baby was.


Kate wanted her say in this post so here's a mini interview with her:

What should I tell people about the baby Kate?
 -The baby is going to come out.  I love babies, I just do.

What do you think the baby is?
   -I think the baby is a boy but I want a girl.

What should we name the baby?
  -If it's a girl her name is Alice.

(She is so dead set on this name, it's hilarious.  I don't even know where she got it from, but she's very strongly opinionated that her name is Alice.  Just not "In Wonderland")

But what if it's a boy?
  -It's not a boy. It's a girl.


Here are the ultrasound photos at 8 weeks to confirm the pregnancy.  Kate came along to this appointment as well.  She thought it was really cool to "see" the baby.


We're very excited about the new addition to our family!

No comments: