My new hobby

I've been learning how to sew. 

I started out because I fell in love with clothing brands like Matilda Jane and Persnickety.  I couldn't afford the price tag of those clothes though ($80 a dress), so I decided it was time for me to learn.  I started out by making dresses from tutorials I've found via pinterest online, and have learned a lot.  I'm still a way beginner, but I'm so surprised at how much I love to do this!  I never thought sewing would be a hobby of mine, but I guess it is!  I'm having so much fun making clothes for Kate.

So today's dress is a special one for me.  I was able to look at this dress by Persnickety
and know exactly how to make it!  I was so excited because this is exactly why I'm learning!  Here's my dress inspired by this look.



I'm pretty excited of how it turned out!  I love all the colors and the details of the buttons and rick rack. 

Kate loves it too :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

oh my word!! impressive. darling