Yesterday was a big day for us at church!
It was Kate's first day in Primary and Max's first day in nursery. Both did awesome.
I knew Kate would be just fine, she's never been afraid to be on her own, but Max really surprised me. He's usually so shy around strangers that I thought he would be one of the criers, but he wasn't! He ran right in there and started playing with the blocks. That I'm glad for, but it kind of hurt my feelings a little bit! haha.
After I dropped Max off, I took Kate to her Primary class. We went in found her class, and I left the room. Then I looked in and saw her sitting like such a big girl with her sunbeam class and I lost it. I did. I totally cried! I felt dumb, but I guess I just don't like that she's growing up. Then my friend Brittany came out of the room from dropping her sunbeam off and she started crying too, so at least I wasn't alone in my mommy emotions.
Then I went to Sunday School embracing the fact that I was childless for that Sunday...and that's when the nursery leader came in and said I needed to sit with Max. Since he's not "officially 18 months" until the 19th, he couldn't be in there without me. I wasn't trying to break the rules, I just really didn't think it was a big deal. So my Sunday was spent in nursery. *sigh* In two weeks I will get my childless Sunday! Here's pictures to document their big day.
6/365
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment