Sea World Day 2!

This was our 2nd day at Sea World and last day of vacation. On this day Sea World had a Halloween celebration.  The kids wore their costumes, and we trick or treated throughout the park all day long. 



 We played at the Sesame Bay of Play, watched a halloween show there, fed the sea lions, visited all the aquariums, touched the sea stars, and took pictures the with mermaid and pumpkin princess.




I love the pirate that's photo bombing our picture (top left)!

We also went to the 4D theater to watch Pirates!  I remember this movie from when I visited Sea World with my family when I was about 14 years old.  It's a little 20 minute movie that stars Leslie Nielsen and it's about a boy named Davy who is seeking revenge on Captain Lucky and his crew of pirates.  That doesn't sound scary does it?  Well, it scared the death out of Kate!  I think it was because it was a 4D movie and the first thing they do it shoot a canon at the audience, which means a big puff of air is blown at your face.  There's also parts when water is shot at you as well.  I thought Kate would have thought it was funny, since up until now she hasn't really been afraid of anything!

Well after we watched the movie, there was a little trail they had set up where you can go hunt for Captain Lucky's treasure.   Again, not something I thought Kate would be afraid of.  She was crying her eyes out because she didn't want to go in there.  I knew it wasn't going to be scary so we made her go in.  All it was were people dressed as pirates and a few silly scenes from the movie were set up in there.  But she did not like it!  She still hasn't forgiven us.  She is still talking about how she is so scared of Captain Lucky.  Of all things I did not think she was going to be scared of pirates!  She loves playing pirates at home!


We also went to the arcade part of the park and Dustin won Kate and Emma some stuffed Shamu's.


Not sure why Kate is so grumpy in this picture!  She has the bigger Shamu!  haha.  

We stayed late at the park that night and went to the night showings of the sea lion and otter show and Shamu Rocks.   

It was a fabulous vacation!  We love going to San Diego and love spending time with our family.  We hope to go again in another year or two!

2 comments:

Petersens said...

So many great pics. I love Sea World :) They we're so cute for Halloween too.

Kim said...

What a fun vacation!