Last Saturday we came home from running a few errands to discover that our power was out. So we decided to make the best of it, when the light started to get dim we built a blanket fort and got out our flashlights.
We tried to play a dice game, but that didn't last long because it was too much work trying to get Max to not eat the dice!
When the power goes out in the valley, it doesn't take long for your house to get HOT. It had been raining, but it was clear outside and Kate was begging to go play in the puddles, so we went outside. It was cooler outside then it was in the house thankfully! There we found our neighbors outside having a water balloon fight! I do not have pictures of this because I was too afraid to get my camera or phone wet. But it was lots of fun! We played outside until it was dark, and our power was still not on! So we went inside and changed our kids into their pajamas by the light of flashlights, and loaded up the kids in the car and went to eat/kill time at Chick-fil-a. Finally while we were eating I found out, via facebook, that our power had finally come back on.
I think by the time the power finally came on it had been off for about 3 or 4 hours. We had not opened our fridge or freezer during that time to everything was thankfully still cold and we didn't have to replace anything. Although I certainly never wish for the power to go out, I'm thankful it did that day. We did things we normally wouldn't do, and got out and reconnected with our fun neighbors!
Maybe that was God's way of telling us we need to socialize more?
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment