I normally don't decorate for holidays other than Halloween and Christmas, but this year Kate is getting older and it's so much more fun to get into the smaller holidays. This is the first year I've ever decorated for Valentines day and I love it! I made felt hearts and put them in my hurricane vase, I made XOXO out of wood and put them up on my shelf, I WON this cute banner from my friend Alacey, and Kate and I made some ink blot hearts. We also made sure our toes were painted to celebrate the holiday!
On "Balemtimes" morning I woke up and made breakfast before Dustin left for work! I made pink pancakes and I even had heart shaped ice cubes to put in our milk. Dustin gave us our gifts before he left. He got me 10 Things I Hate About You, and the first season of Modern Family. He got Max a stuffed lion and Kate a balloon. I made her some heart shaped crayons. After Dustin left, we got to work on assembling his present. Dustin got the gift of sugar this year! I made him a candy bar bouquet, Kate got him marshmallows and Reeses cups, and we made him a Twinkie cake! I know you're all wondering so here's the recipe:
1 box twinkies cut in half lengthwise and placed in 9x13 pan with cream side facing up
layer on: bananas, crushed pineapple, and 1 large box vanilla pudding (made according to directions on the box). Top with whipped cream. That's it! And it's sooooo good!
We also made a big banner that said "We love Daddy" and put streamers in the doorway. Kate also made him a card. He was surprised to see the party for him when he got home. We ate dinner, cake, opened gifts and Dustin surprised me with another gift- a 90 minute massage! I'm soooo excited for that!
It was a WONDERFUL Valentines day!
(also I just have to add that Kate posed the above picture all by herself. She grabbed the balloon, sat down next to Max and said, "Take a picture Mom!" hahahaha!)
1 year ago



3 comments:
I love love love the wood x o's! SO CUTE! Did you cut the wood yourself?
I have to say I love Valentine's Day! I love decorating for it too! It does get forced upon you a bit when your kids get older. LIke i would never celebrate st. patricks day but with my girls it's a fun one! And the traditions you make are so fun too!
Glad you got the banner!
Fun! Do you have a picture of the Twinkle cake?
Awesome! I need to try some of those ideas next year!
Post a Comment