Playing Hostess

Today I threw a baby shower for my friend Kendra.  Kendra and I went to beauty school together 5 years ago and we've been friends ever since!  She threw my shower for me when I had Max, so of course I returned the favor and threw one for her and her little guy!  I chose a Milk and Cookies theme, and thanks to pinterest, everything came together so cute!

 I bought and borrowed glass jars for all the cookies.  I attempted to stack the oreos to look like a cake.  I made "pedestals" for two of the hurricane jars by covering cannery cans in cardstock and painting polka dots on them.  I also made labels for all the cookies, and even had paper bags for everyone to take extra cookies home in.  The table runner is actually black and white polka dotted wrapping paper.

These straws were my favorite part!  You can only find them online, and even though there kind of expensive for straws (once you add on shipping) they were totally worth it!  They are old fashioned paper straws and I love them to pieces.  I'm really sad there is no way to reuse them, because they are so adorable!  We served milk (chocolate, strawberry, and regular) in mason jars.


The cookies I served were: chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut, oreo, chocolate peanut butter no-bakes, and my friend Shanna brought some milano cookies.  Yum!

We had a really good turnout of people and we played a couple fun games.  We played "Price is Right" where everyone had to guess the price of some baby items I had purchased at Walmart, and I created my own game to test people's knowledge of children's television shows.  I had grabbed pictures off of the internet and they got one point for knowing the title of the show, and additional points for knowing the characters.  And just for fun, I threw in some tv shows from our past as well.  Like, who remembers this?
Can you name all the characters?

Anyway, it was a fun day, and I'm so happy with how everything turned out.  I hope these pictures do it justice, because it was so cute! I'm pretty proud of it!  Congratulations Kendra, and I can't wait to meet little Dexter!

4 comments:

Petersens said...

What a cute baby shower! You are so creative. She's a lucky girl.

Lacey said...

Your pompoms turned out so cute! I've made them before and they looked so funky! Any tips? I love those straws too- I ordered red and black polka dot ones for Addysen's minnie mouse birthday party!

Erin said...

Lacey, I don't have any tips, I just bought the pompoms from Party City and did what the directions said. And I can't wait to see pictures from the Minnie Mouse party! Cute idea!

Kim said...

Oh what a cute shower, I am totally buying some of those straws, so cute!