Mealtime


This is what my floor looks like after almost EVERY meal.  When Kate is done with her food, she just throws it on the ground, or dumps it on the table, or plays with it.  She chooses whichever way makes the biggest mess.  This morning I had finally had it.  Don't get me wrong, she gets in trouble every time, but it's just not sticking!  I KNOW she can follow directions, I know she can obey, but she just won't listen about throwing her food on the ground. So this morning, I made her clean it up herself.


She was NOT happy about it.

This little girl tried everything to get out of it.  She hugged me, and kissed me, and said "Please!" over and over again.  But I remained firm.  After about on hour of struggle (yeah, I think the terrible two's have hit), I firmly guided her hands in cleaning up the mess.  I think we may have made a break through.

Hopefully.

maybe....

....we'll see what happens at lunchtime.

Photobucket 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

You are such a great mommy!
I love you.

Brianne said...

Proud Of You! It is so hard to stick to stuff like that. I've tried to have Beck pick up his disasters lately, too. I'm thinking it might just be easier to make him eat outside! She's the cutest girl ever by the way!

Alicia said...

I could not stop laughing! I really wish we still lived there because Natalie and Kate sounds like two peas in a pod. I read your posts and I just crack up because it is like I am reading about Natalie's twin. Natalie does the EXACT same thing and throws the exact same tantrum when I make her help. This makes me laugh. Kate is still stinkin' cute though, even when she is mad! :)

*~Brittnee~* said...

I think this is the most precious post I have ever read. The pictures are just priceless. It made me laugh and want to cry at the same time. Thankfully it has not been a huge problem with Brynlee. Good for you for sticking to your guns with all the adorable antics, which I am sure did not seem adorable at the time.