Today is one of those days.
One of those days where I ignore my chores
Today is one of those days that I feel grateful.
I'm so blessed to have:
a happy marriage
a wonderful husband
a healthy smiling baby girl
the Gospel
a loving Heavenly Father who is watching over me
I watched Oprah today. I never watch Oprah, but today was special. For those of you who read the Nie Nie Dialoges, Stephanie Nielson was on the show today. If you don't already know of her and her situation, she is a mother of four and about a year ago she and her husband were survivors of a plane crash. She has burns on 80 percent of her body, and was in a coma for three months last year.
Although I had already read her story, I cried as it was told. She is such an amazing woman and I love her love for life. She described that while she was in a coma, she had a vision. She said that "[I was] with somebody who told me that I could choose to live and have a hard life, you know, embarrassing at times and painful. Or, I could just stay there, and there's lots of work I could do there too," she says. "But I thought of my children and my husband, and it was easy. An easy choice."
Life can be hard sometimes, but it is wonderful. The theme of the show today was "Live life in the moment, because it can change in an instant." I just really loved that message, and it reminded me again to stop and appreciate the little things.
Like this:
I love my life, and I am so grateful for it.
4 comments:
Great Post!! I love it
I love the pictures of you and your baby. Sorry, about not visiting teaching. The last half of the month either me or someone in my family was sick. I hope things are going well for you and your family. I will come see you this month. Let me know what works best for you.
I watched this too, and it was awesome! I sometimes forget that I chose to stat home and that I am lucky to be able to so I need to cherish each moment that I have with my kids - no matter how crazy they make me!
Good post! I watched it too. I would've bawled my eyes out except I had 4 girls over to watch with me and 10 kids running around screaming. It really is a touching story though. She is THE example of what I mother is.
Post a Comment