False alarm people. False alarm.



Dustin fixed my camera! I'm not sure how he did it. I thought it was destroyed. The lens was crooked for crying out loud. But he fixed it! I'm so happy (and secretly sad because a broken camera is a good excuse to upgrade to a better camera, right?). Here are the pictures I was taking of Kate yesterday.

Those of you how read my cooking blog, know how much I've come to love this website, thepioneerwoman.com. I am quickly becoming her number one fan. I love ALL the recipes that I've tried from her. I even bought her cookbook. It's great. Anyway... yesterday I looked at the Photography section of her website. She has photoshop tutorials! I had a lot of fun, and wasted a lot of time, trying them out on these pictures. She even has these things called Actions, that you can download for free. I unfortunately have a really old version of Photoshop, so they don't work for me. But if you have newer versions--check them out they are really cool.

By the way Erin Householder, when are you going to start doing step-by-steps? I'm waiting! haha.

Don't judge these too much. I just have a point-and-shoot camera, and I'm not very experienced in Photoshop. I had lots of fun though!




Almost ready to crawl...


I love this one.

And this one is my favorite.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kim said...

she is so dang cute! I just love her! I can not wait to meet her next weekend!

Erin said...

Way to put me on the spot! Haha. J.k. I needed that. Ok, so here's a step by step JUST for you! (And whoever reads this comment).

1. Go to your layers palette.
2. Hit Ctrl J TWICE.
3. Change the layer mode from Normal to Screen. Then bring opacity to 0%.
4. Change the top layer mode to Soft Light. Set opacity of the soft light layer to about 25, but you can play with it to your liking.
5. Now go back to the middle layer which is your screen and raise the opacity to your liking.

That's just a simple and quick way to give your pictures a little boost! Email me if you have any questions. I'm not sure if my explanation makes an ounce of sense!

Erin said...

In step number 3, I left out that you are changing the middle layer to Screen.

Alicia said...

Very cute pictues!!!!!