In fact, I got her dressed really cute and went outside to take pictures. It's a beautiful 61 degrees here today! Can you believe it?
We went outside and played on the grass. I got pictures of her smiling, and pictures of her almost crawling (she's really close!). Then I decided I wanted a picture of the two of us. There are beautiful bushes along the walkways at my apartment complex. I went to take a picture of us by one with pretty yellow flowers. I had Kate on my hip with my left hand, and with my right I went to snap the picture. That's when it happened.
Kate squirmed.
Mother's instinct kicked in, and I grabbed her with both hands.
I lost my grip on the camera.
It feel to the concrete with a thud.
It hit right on the lens, which is now destroyed. It won't even turn back on. I feel like a part of me just died. It wasn't a great camera, but it was MY camera. It went with me everywhere, helping me document my life. It was always there to capture Kate's smiles, or record her first laugh. I'm so sad right now. Why did I think I could take that picture? WHY?!? I can't talk about this anymore...
Kate is 6 months old today!!! I can't believe it! 6 months ago today I met her for the first time.
And my life changed forever.
She is now so mobile. She knows how to get from point A to point B by rolling and scooting. She gets up on her hands and knees, but has yet to crawl. She is eating solid foods once a day. She loves playing peek-a-boo and laughs hilariously every time we play. She loves to be down on the ground playing. She doesn't like to just sit and cuddle with mom anymore! She loves her daddy very much and gets so excited when he comes home everyday. She sleeps in her own crib now, and is (thankfully) sleeping for longer stretches at night.
I love her so much, and I can't believe six months have already flown by. I'm so grateful to be a stay-at-home-mom and get to spend all of these special moments with her. I'm so grateful for a wonderful husband who is willing to work so that I can be home with her.
I am very blessed.
Now I just need a new camera.
1 comment:
Erin I am sorry to hear about your camera but Kate is so adorable!! I love her cute personality that you can see in all the pictures of her!! happy six months Kate!!
Post a Comment