Updates on Life

It’s been three weeks since Kate has come into our lives, and we are loving every minute of it! She has been a very good baby so far, and we are very blessed. She is happy and alert when she’s awake, and she is eating and sleeping well also. She has a very mellow personality (so far… I don’t want to jinx it), but is also very independent. Sometimes when she’s fussy, she doesn’t want to be held. She’d rather just be put in her bouncer. She loves this thing! It’s her little space where she can wiggle, stretch and take naps.


Dustin is the greatest Dad. He just loves this little girl so much! He is such a big help. I don’t know what I would do without him. He just loves to hold her and play with her, and when he’s home he changes her diapers. Voluntarily! Sorry ladies, he’s taken.


I am doing great and recovering well. I had my first post-partum appointment yesterday. I’ve lost 32 pounds! WOO-HOO! Only 20 more to go! Well, 20 to be at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I would like to lose another 10-15. I am feeling really good, I haven’t even had to take pain medication for over a week now. I’m a little sore sometimes, but most of the time Dustin has to remind me that I’m still recovering from surgery! I love being a mommy. I just love being able to be home and taking care of her. She's the cutest!

Things are going great for us! We love being parents!

6 comments:

Kim said...

She is so cute! I am so glad you are loving being parents!

Alicia said...

Oh man, she is CUTE!!!! I love the picture of her and Dustin.

Glad you're healing up okay.

RonElaine said...

Such a fun post - the first few weeks are always crazy. You need space and time, but I always worry about how things are going, so I'm glad you are all so happy!

Lindsey said...

What a blessing to have such a good baby! I am SO impressed with your weight loss...especially after a c-section- way to go!!! I am so happy you are enjoying being parents-she is ADORABLE!!!

Shandi said...

adorable!!! enough said.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Erin, she has such a sweet little face!! So super cute!! You are Dustin are such great parents, what a cool guy to volunteer to change the diapers!! How fun! :)