
I know, I know. Two posts in one day? Lame. But this happened at our apartment complex this morning, and it’s just so crazy I had to blog about it! This truck crashed into the building in front of ours early this morning. I didn’t hear it, but I did hear the many sirens from the fire trucks and ambulances. We live near a fire station so I didn’t think anything about it, until Dustin texted me “Did you see the accident this morning?” Then I turned on the news and saw this! This kid must have been going super fast to be able to do this. He had to cross over the median, 3 lanes of traffic, go through the ditch in front of the complex, to finally hit this apartment’s patio. Crazy. Crazy crazy crazy.
Here’s the official article about it:
Truck crashes into Gilbert apartment
by Nicole Ethier and Sarah Macdonald - Feb. 17, 2009 09:49 AM
The Arizona Republic
A Williams Field High School student escaped injury after crashing into a two-bedroom building at a Gilbert apartment complex early Tuesday.
No one was home when the unidentified 17-year-old male driver crashed into the Edge at Lyon's Gate unit near Ray and Higley roads.
Police said the accident occurred about 7:30 a.m. as the student was headed westbound on Ray Road. As the result of an unspecified medical condition, the driver lost control of his pickup truck and crossed over three lanes of traffic into the east side of the street, police said.
The truck hit part of the patio, dining room and living room of the 1187-square-foot apartment, said Charles Goldsberry, maintenance manager for the complex.
The cost of the damage was not immediately determined.
As a precaution, the student was taken to a hospital after the crash. The residents of the apartment have been notified, police said
4 comments:
Another reasons my kids aren't getting their licenses till 18.
I can tell you as an insurance agent that the 16 and 17 year olds generally aren't smart enough to drive...
I once had a 16 year old girl (customer) hit a parked car on the right had side of the road while she was making a left hand turn. Huh?? How does that happen?
Only in the Valley!
Holy nuts! That is so crazy! I can't believe that. Luckily no one was home! And I'm interested in what that unspecified medical condition is!
That reminds me of the time when a trucker drove through Rial's house when he lived over the overpass. Scary.
I love the movie Baby Mama. It's so frickin' funny!
"Is that guy dead?! Is he dead?!"
Post a Comment