Part Four: San Diego Zoo

Our last stop of this trip was the San Diego Zoo. We once again got to the park right as it opened. It's so peaceful to feel like you're the only ones there. The animals are much more active in the morning. We actually saw the tigers wrestling around, the baby panda was climbing all over the place, and the baby koala was trying to get her mom to wake up. This zoo is so beautiful, and so BIG! I knew it was big, so I had planned on riding the tour buses and shuttles to help me around the zoo. But- if you do that you miss about half of the exhibits and we wanted to see the whole zoo. So we walked. And it took us all day. I was not anticipating on how exhausting it would be! I'm still tired! haha. But it was worth it.
Grizzlies



The most entertaining part of the day was the Gorillas. We got to the exhibit just as they were bringing out the baby gorilla. He was only 4 months old, and pretty much the cutest thing ever! He was brought outside with a zoo-keeper. The mother couldn't feed him anymore and they have to keep him away from the other gorillas because they are too rough with him.

We ate lunch at this restaurant up in the treetops. Expensive, but fun.

If you can't read my shirt it says "Love Child". I usually don't wear shirts with writing on them, but Dustin loved it so much that I bought it.

At the end of the day we rode the Grand Tour Bus. We just wanted to sit down for awhile!

This snake was following Dustin's hand around the glass!

We left the zoo around 4:30, right about closing time. I did not think it would take us all day to see the zoo, but it did! The original plan was to go to the zoo in the morning and then the beach in the afternoon, but that didn't work. By the time we left the zoo and got something to eat it was dark outside. Plus, we were so exhausted. Oh well, maybe next time.

This was such a fun vacation! I'm so glad we got a chance to take one last trip together. Well, not the last trip, but the last trip as a childless couple. I love my husband so much, and I'm so excited for the next chapter of our lives!

1 comment:

Kourtney Dawn said...

Looks like you had so much fun, I am going to have to take my girls!!