Valentines Day

This Valentines Day was our 5th Valentines together. In honor of that Dustin gave me 5 little gifts in remembrance of our time together.

1. Some DVDs. Baby Mama and Legally Blonde. For our first Valentines as a married couple Dustin had bought me DVDs.

2. Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream. My favorite! Dustin once brought me this ice cream home for breakfast.

3. Breakfast in Bed. On Saturday, Dustin woke me up to eat Cinnamon Life and toast cut into heart shapes. He did this the morning after he proposed to me. Which you might remember from the previous post…

4. Scattered Valentines on the floor. One year Dustin bought Spongebob valentines and had them scattered all over the house. He had written something on each one, and if I remember correctly they formed a path to my gift that year. This year they were of those creepy animals with the big eyes (he always has to get the weirdest ones!) and they led to the baby’s room in which I found…

5. A big cheesy stuffed animal. You know those big horrible ones that they sell at gas stations and at Wal-Mart? Yeah. Dustin one year bought me a huge pepto-bismol pink dog, and he had tied some lingerie around its neck. This year it was a white lamb. (Minus the lingerie. He said it was inappropriate because he had put the lamb in the baby’s crib) I’d been saying that I wanted to get a stuffed lamb for Kate (I had one when I was a baby), but maybe I should have specified the size. Haha. At least it wasn’t that big pink unicorn we saw at Fry's...


I really wasn’t planning on getting Dustin anything this year since we had gone to San Diego two weekends before. But on Friday I was going to the bank to deposit my check, and I drove past the San Tan Mall. I thought to myself, “I wish I could afford those Hyperdunk basketball shoes that Dustin wants so badly! Wait…I actually CAN afford those!” I had some tip money saved up. So I made a decision. Decision made. I was going to buy Dustin those shoes.

Apparently they were a very popular gift for Valentines this year though! Nobody had the black pair (I knew that was Dustin’s choice because that’s what he tried on a couple of months ago) and nobody had a size 12! Finally the guy at Foot Locker helped me out by calling a couple of other Foot Lockers in other malls. There was one, size 12 pair left at the Superstition Mall. They were a red and white pair, but I didn’t care about color at this point. I figured he could exchange them later if he wanted to. So I drove there as fast as I could (I only had an hour before I had to get to work by this point), bought that pair, drove home, frosted the big cookie I had made for Dustin, got dressed, did my hair and makeup, and drove to work completely exhausted. It was worth it though! He loves them!


On actual Valentines Day we went to see Jaron and Bethany’s new house that they had just bought in Queen Creek. Congratulations you guys! We all had lunch together at Red Brick Pizza, then Dustin and Jaron went to check out the All-Star activities that were going on in Phoenix. They saw the HORSE contest, saw some famous people, and entered themselves into a dunk contest. Dustin won second place!



That evening Dustin and I went to dinner at Applebee’s. It was a great Valentines Day!

No comments: