Part Three: Wild Animal Park

We arrived at the San Diego Wild Animal Park as soon as it opened. We needed to be back in time to watch the Superbowl. Yeah, we went here on a Sunday. We're sinners. Instead of church that day, we worshiped by celebrating all of God's beautiful creatures. This zoo was so beautiful! I guess growing up in the desert really makes you appreciate greener landscapes.


See what I mean?


There was an actual campground at this zoo! How cool would that be? It's right near all the lions and elephants. It'd be so fun to wake up to the sounds of lion's roars.

Dustin swinging from the vines.


Since this zoo is sooo big, you have to take a safari to see all of the african animals. It was really really cool. Also, if you're willing to pay extra (which we weren't) you can take a hot air balloon tour, or a up close and personal photo caravan. Very cool. If we had the extra money we might have done that.

Awesome.


The lion's exbihit was the best I had ever seen! You're so close to the animals.


A landscape view of the Journey to Africa tour.


Dustin has the same wingspan as a gorilla!

Even though this zoo is enormous, it doesn't take that long to see, since most of the zoo is viewed in the safari. I loved it! It was so much fun. We left around noon, and went to eat at a resturant near our hotel called Souplantion. It's basically Sweet Tomatoes, but it's called something different here in California. I enjoyed my healthy lunch, while Dustin filled up on the self-serve ice cream.

We then headed back for the Superbowl. I was actually excited for the Superbowl this year. I always watch it, but it's a lot more exciting when you are really rooting for a team. We had to be quiet since we watched it from our hotel room, which was really difficult because the game so so exciting. What a great game! Highly disappointing at the end though. It looked like we we're really going to win it there for a while. We we're so close!

Dustin's comment on the Superbowl: "Worst officiated game ever."

Tomorrow: San Diego Zoo

2 comments:

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Sean and I are doing the same thing before the baby is born...San Diego is only 3 hours away from Yuma so it's convenient! Glad you guys had fun!

Kourtney Dawn said...

I agree with Dustin about the game!!!