It’s not like I’ve been one of those pregnant women who eat everything in their path. I’ve never taken “eating for two” literally. I eat healthy, I’ll give into the occasional craving, but for the most part I keep it around 2000 calories a day. Which I think is really good considering the huge appetite that comes with being pregnant. I take walks and do prenatal yoga. Yes, I could do these things more often, but it’s getting harder to be motivated because I’m so tired all the time.
Other than feeling fat, everything else is going really good. My glucose screening (that 3 hour blood test I had to take) came back normal, so I don’t have diabetes. That’s awesome! I was worried about that one for a while. The baby is healthy and growing at a normal rate. As of the ultrasound today, she is about 3.5 lbs now.
I love ultrasounds because it’s so cool to see your baby. She was really moving around in there today (she kept kicking the ultrasound lady's hands), which made it hard to take pictures, and she had her face up against the placenta, so it was really hard. So, as fun as it was to see her, the pictures didn’t really turn out, but I’ll post some of them anyway.
A 3-d picture of her face and arm. Can't see it? I couldn't at first either. Like I said, her face was up in the placenta, so the ultrasound lady tried to digitally remove it so we could see her better. But if you look closely you can see the side of her face: an eye, nose lips and chin. Her arm (or maybe it's the cord) is blocking the rest of it.
10 weeks left! We can't wait to meet her!
7 comments:
I think every pregnant lady feels fat. I gained alot more with Brigette than with Tera. Don't worry about it I think you look pretty cute pregnant!!
UGH. THE SCALE. Yeah. I definitely feel for you! As a matter of fact, at my 34 week appointment my doc looked at the weight and said, "Ummm....let's just not worry about your weight anymore. You've only got 6 weeks left." :P :P I gained 52 lbs with may last baby and felt so gross. So anyway...yeah, I feel ya!!! But YOU CAN get it off after the baby! I recommend Weight Watchers!!!
I gained 32 lbs w/Liah and followed the normal curve. By the time she was 1, I had lost all the weight plus 10 extra pounds.
I expected the same to happen w/Anna. I gained a total of 46 lbs with Anna and can hardly wait to be able to get out of the house and start working it off!
I was worried about my weight gain because it was so different than last time, but my doc said my body probably just liked to be around a certain weight at delivery. I don't know where you are at, but unfourtunatly for me that is 195-200.
I felt really good at 150 - my weight before Anna, but would love to be at a more healthy weight of 140. We'll see how it goes this time around.
Don't worry too much about it - it's all worth it for the baby! Every woman gains (and looses) weight differently. You are doing all the things to keep your body healthy and therefore, your body will do all it needs to keep your baby healthy.
Horray for the home stretch!
Dear Erin:
No need to worry about your weight now. That's for later. There is a time and place for all things. Patience is a virtue. Just rest and keep that baby healthy.
Your doing great. I love you.
Dad.
Wow only ten weeks left. YAY!! I am at fifteen now and I feel like it is forever away!
I know that some doctors really stress about weight, but don't let it stress you out. Including the 15 pounds I lost in the first trimester of my first pregnancy, I gained 55 pounds! My sister always gains between 50-60 pounds in her pregnancies and has never had a single problem.
With my first pregnancy, I actually switched my first doctor after my 24 week appointment because both he and the nurse told me blatently to my face that I was fat and eating bad with out even asking about my eating habits. They said this to me because I had gained 9 pounds in one month, so what did I do? I cried..., but then switched doctors. I was SO glad I did too, my second doctor was awesome!
And ditto to what Kourtney said, I've gained so, so much less weight with this pregnancy. It must be a first pregnancy thing!
Also, remember that every pregnant woman is different, we all gain the weight we need to. And the fact that you are actually watching what you are eating is a great thing!
I still can't believe that you guys are having a little baby watson!! How fun!!! Those ultra sound pics are really cool too!!! I can just seeing myself blowing up like a whale when I am preg, it scared me!! Those pics from Cali were cute too, it reminded me of our trip! Tell Dustin hi for me!
Post a Comment