Watson Christmas Party

Last Friday we had our traditional Watson Christmas Party.  Only this year we had it at my house!  I am too pregnant to travel anywhere for Christmas this year and everyone else had big plans with their other families this year as well, so we all got together on that day.  It was a little stressful hosting it at my house being this pregnant with no energy, but luckily my brother Andy was in town and he helped me clean my house and get ready for it.

We had our Mexican food feast of course.  I made green chile burros, Sherice made queso dip, Beth made salsa, and Lisa brought tamales, taquitos, chimichangas, beans and rice.  It was delicious!  After dinner we took a walk along my neighborhood Loop of Lights.  This is something my neighborhood does every year and it gets bigger and better each year.  There is a designated loop in our neighborhood and if you live along it you deck your house out with as many lights as you can.  We have some really amazing houses and it's so fun to see it every year.  It's generated so much popularity that they actually had to close traffic off to the public and make everybody walk it this year.

Here is one of my favorites, the Grinch House.

And this is what my kids call the "Monster House".  They have 150,000 lights on their house!  Also when it's close to Christmas, Santa, The Grinch and Frosty are out there every night taking pictures with kids.  So fun!

When we got back we played a game of Christmas Bingo with the kids.  The girls won some Palace Pets (pets that the Disney Princesses have) and the boys won some super hero inflatable stuff.  Max won this enormous Avengers hammer.  Best present I think he could have ever imagined.  He wouldn't stop hitting people with it.



Then it was time for the Nativity. 
Not sure why this video cuts off early, I think my phone just couldn't handle how long the video is.

Nativity 2013 from Erin Watson on Vimeo.


We also had each of the kids pick a Christmas song to sing.  Max wanted to sing "I am a Child of God".  So we sang it and he impressed everybody and made Grandma a little teary with how well he knew the song.

Then it was time for the gift exchange! 
Max had Layton and I made him a stuffed elephant and monster.  Kate had Jaylee and I made her a Snow White inspired dress and doll.  Jaylee had Kate and Beth had made her an adorable little wooden ironing board.  Maddock had Max and he got him some shake and go Cars.  I had Lacie and I gave her some shampoo and conditioner from Bath and Body works as well as some smoothing cream from S-factor.  Dustin had Jaron and he got him Suns tickets.  I got a super cute frame and an Origami Owl necklace from Sherice (it has a little camera and sewing machine in it, so cute!) and Dustin got a Jordan t-shirt and keychain from Scott.

It was so much fun and I'm glad we all got a chance to get together this year!

No comments: