Thanksgiving

This year we had Thanksgiving with the Welkers at it was held at Paul and Teresa's house.



Kate said it was a castle when we pulled up to it.

They had a bouncy house and a badmiton net set up, but I just couldn't keep my kids away from the pool.  The day before was actually really cold so I didn't think to bring their swimsuits with me that day.  Sorry kids.  That didn't stop them from getting soaked though.  


Thanksgiving food was delicious and I had my more than my share of desserts! After we were all stuffed it was time for our traditional white elephant gift exchange.  We included the kids this year as well, but played it mildly because we didn't want anyone upset that someone took their gift.  Basically they just chose a wrapped gift each and got what was inside.  Kate got a really cute necklace and Max got a remote control car!


White elephant wasn't without its usual and hilarious gag gifts. Some of the favorites were these hats. Dustin ended up with a Duck Dynasty beard and Phil bobblehead, and I got a cute homemade Christmas sign from Sherice.


We eventually left around 4 because Max was so cranky and tired.  Dustin and I tried to do black friday at Walmart that night but left after about 10 minutes.  The Walmarts out here are the worst.  Not organized at all!  So we just went home and spent a quiet night together.  Later that night I met up with the rest of the girls at midnight and got almost all my Christmas shopping done at the Disney store.  It was hardly crazy at all!  I will go again for sure.  

It was a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: