Paintsauce


This morning Kate really wanted to paint.  Usually I make her wait to do craft projects until Max is napping because he just likes to get into it.  Well she begged and begged and finally I gave in.  I got her set up with her paints, and I gave Max a crayon and paper.  I thought it would satisfy him, but it did not!  He just loves to do whatever big sister is doing.  So I decide to let him paint.  But with what?  I knew it had to be something edible, because I knew he would put it in his mouth.  So I opened up my fridge and right in front of me was applesauce.  Perfect!  I put a little food coloring in it, and voila!  Edible paint.  I set it down in front of Max with a paintbrush and he was thrilled!  He painted with it a little bit, but once he discovered that it tasted good as well, it was all over. 



He's such a ham for the camera now!

It was a fast and easy activity for my baby.  Something I'll have to remember!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh what an awesome idea!!! I think I shall copy you!

Rappleye Family said...

Great idea!