While Daddy's away

I haven't mentioned this before, in case I have a crazy blog stalker, but Dustin has been away ALL WEEK in New Orleans. With two sick kids it has been a very long week and I'm so glad Dustin is coming home tonight. Can I go away for a week now?

For the first couple days I just stayed home and let the kids rest. But after awhile I got crazy cabin fever. I mean the ONE week where I actually have a car at my disposal I'm stuck at home with sick kids?!?

 

So on Thursday I took my kids to the park. Kate was feeling a lot better by Thursday and she seriously needed to get out and play.  We went to a park over by Maddock and Jaylee's house so they could come and play too.  They played for a little while, and then we noticed that someone smelled stinky.  And it was not Max, it was Kate!  Now, Kate has been potty trained since October so extra underwear and clothes for her is not something I keep in my diaper bag.  She pooped her pants so bad that it was all over her clothes like she was a baby!  I was so mad!  I couldn't just leave her in it, so this was the only solution I came up with.

I put her in Max's diaper!  Not sure what she's doing with her hands in this picture.  Maybe she's trying to be a monster?  Because if that's what she's trying to be,  she's sure succeeding!

(On a side note, I'm seriously considering making my blog private.  I've never wanted to do it, but I do share an awful lot of personal stories and pictures of my kids on this blog, and it kinda creeps me out that just anybody can read this.  What are your thoughts? )

On Friday I wanted to get out again so we went to a few stores (Joann's and Target) and then on our way home we stopped for some ice cream.

On Saturday, I very badly wanted to get out and take my kids somewhere fun!  So I asked Kate where her favorite place was and she said the "See-Um".  So off to the Arizona Museum for Youth we went.  I probably shouldn't have since they were both getting over colds, but they seemed so much better that morning that I went for it.  (Insert bad mom award)

Kate's favorite rooms at this museum are the black light room and the green screen room.  Right now the theme they have going on now is "Things That Fly" so the green screen is set up to show the kids flying over Mesa!  The black light room is painted to look like a campground and you learn about nocturnal animals like owls and bats in there.
Max loves to stand up now!

They also have a little flight simulator.  Kate had a lot of fun "flying" the plane!
We had fun for a little while, but Kate was SOO cranky that we left after only being there for an hour and a half.  We got some lunch and then both my kids fell asleep immediately in the car.  I took a long way home so they would sleep.  I even tried to get out at another store, but Kate was so out of it I couldn't even wake her up!

We got home and just rested and then I decided that we should have a movie night.  When we went to Target on Friday I had purchased The Muppets.  I wanted to watch it as a family when Dustin got home on Sunday, but then I found out his flight doesn't get in until 9:20!!  So... I decided just to open it.  Hey-  I missed out on seeing the Hunger Games this weekend, so I wanted to watch something good.  To make it extra fun we went to Fry's and bought some popcorn and candy before watching.




About half way through the movie (which is the best movie ever, by the way),  Dustin called like he has been calling every night to FaceTime with us.  We love FaceTime!  Dustin was telling Kate a good night story when I saw something crawling on my wall.  At first I thought it was a big spider, but it was much worse.  A friggin scorpion was on my wall!!  AAAHH!!  Of course there's a giant scorpion on my wall when Dustin is not here to kill it.  I tried to smack it a couple times, but it was right in the corner to where I couldn't get a direct hit!  I was screaming and completely freaking out.  I HATE scorpions.  I even tried to call my neighbor to come and kill it for me.  haha.  It took a good 15 minutes, but I finally got the courage to knock it out of the corner, and then kill it.  I haven't though, had the courage to pick up it's dead carcass, so it's waiting under Dustin's shoe for him to pick up when he gets home tonight.  I've been keeping Max FAR away from that shoe. 


Oh man, I love my kids, but I sure need a break!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I've been blogging since 2006 and have gone back and forth between making my blog private and not. After a while I just decided to create a watermark and mark all my photos. I hate it for my blog books but I try and put it in a place where it doesn't take away from the picture but would be hard to crop out. Sometimes I get lazy and don't add it but for the most part I try and keep them all watermarked. I also have a html that blocks anybody from right clicking on one of my photos and saving it to their computer. I'll have to make sure it is still there because a friend of mine wanted a picture off my blog so I took it off...and now I can't remember if I put it back on....So there are ways to prevent with out making it private. I also like that I have made some fun friends through blogging and I would be sad if they had made their blogs private before I got to know them! I just try and keep our last name off the blog, Elodie's school, when Chris is gone, or when we are on vacation...you get the idea. And I don't do naked or bath pictures on the blog...just in case! ;)

Rappleye Family said...

LOVED YOUR POST! We have been back and forth too about making our blog private. I agree with Lacey, just be cautious of what pictures your upload. And in the profile maybe don't give too many details about your specific location, job, etc... I loved that you had fun for the most part with your Kids while Dustin was gone. Thats cool you do Face time! Me and My hubbys phones can't do that I dont think? Erin, I wish I lived closer! Alyssa would love to play with Kate!!

Kim said...

I love having my blog private, I had a hard time at first cause i heard alot of complaints about the extra step to log in to see my posts, but it is so nice to know exactly who is looking at my blog and extra nice for blog books cause really it is my journal for my kids and the world is just getting more creepy and even with a watermarks on pictures you just don't know who is looking at your kids and details of your life. anyways, glad you survived your weekend husbandless.