On Tuesday poor Kate was so sick. She had a horrible cough, a runny nose and a high fever. Coughing always leads to wheezing and chest congestion for Kate, so I immediately started her on her breathing treatments throughout the day. After a couple doses of tylenol and her high fever still hadn't gone down, I decided to give her a bath in the evening. She blatantly refused, so I decided to make it fun. I mixed some shaving cream with food coloring, and viola! Bath paint!
She had a nice long cool bath and it finally did the trick and her fever broke. She was so exhausted at that point. I got her dressed in her pajamas, and then got Max ready for bed. I always put Max to bed first so I gave Kate my phone to play with and went upstairs with Max. When I returned I found Kate lying on the couch with a pillow and blanket, with the Children's Songbook app on next to her, fast asleep! haha silly girl.
That night was pretty crazy! I was up every hour with one of my kids. And-- for the past couple days they've started to wake up around 6:00.
Not. Cool.
I was so exhausted that I crashed on the couch the next morning for a couple hours while Max took his morning nap. The rest of the day we just relaxed and took it easy.
This is Kate's favorite spot to watch tv. On the top of the couch.
I promise I do clothe my child. Clothes just don't stay on her.
She did much better yesterday, her fever came back a little, but not too bad. That night she had a coughing fit that made her throw up, and that seemed to be the turning point. I actually wish she'd do that more often. She gets sooo congested in her chest that vomiting helps get all that phlegm out. That's pretty gross. But guess what? This is my journal and sometimes life isn't peachy all the time.
That night she slept soooo much better and today has been really good. She still has a cough, but all her personality and energy are back. Yay!
But now Max is coughing...




No comments:
Post a Comment