Bring it on 2012!

I love the start of new years!  It gives me the time to think about new goals, and the motivation to do them! 

*Be more clean and organized!

 haha.  I have to laugh when I see that.  I'm sure when people are describing me those words are NOT on their lists.  I am not a clean person, and I'm definitely not an organized person.  But it's time to finally work on that. I've once again re-started the Fly Lady program, and I'm going to stick with it!  I started it last year when I was pregnant with Max, and for the few months that I really stuck with it- my house truly was clean all the time.  But as I got bigger and had less and less energy, I fell off the routine and have been stuck in a rut ever since.

   --Organize and actually have an office space to decorate
   --Organize children's toys to where they are primarily located in THEIR rooms and not constantly cluttering up my living room
  --Go through all our old clothes and DONATE them.  Also, box up old kid's clothes

*Improve my home

When I say I've been in a rut, I've REALLY been in a rut.  This is primarily due to the fact that having a baby and a 2 year old is downright exhausting, especially when your baby still has a sleeping schedule like a newborn.  So, I haven't really been in a doing projects/crafty mood in like...5 months. 

  --Get a backyard!  I remember this being on last year's goals as well.   BUT- we're actually on our way this year.  Thanks to my wonderful neighbors we now have a weed-free backyard!  And as soon as our tax return comes, we are paying them to landscape our yard as well!  Can I get a Hallelujah?!?
  --Paint my table.  I've had the supplies for over a year now...
  --Make new curtains for the living room
  --Paint all my gold doorknobs with the bronze spray I heard of via Pinterest.

*Expound upon my talents

  --Take a photography workshop
  --Join ward choir.  (This may seem silly, but I haven't sung in a choir for 7 years and I miss that part of my life)
  --Buy some cutting and coloring instructional dvd's to keep my hair skills fresh

*Be a better wife and mother

  --more craft and educational time with Kate
  --more dinners on the table and less eating out
  --look cute when hubby comes home :)

*Improve my testimony

  --Go to the temple.  Renew my recommend.
  --Read my scriptures on a daily basis, not on an as-needed basis.


Okay...I think that does it.  Cheers to the new year!

3 comments:

Daren and Cindy said...

Maybe your hiatus from organized choir stems from a prior experience in which certain peoples were asked to wear hideously ugly, yet seemingly striking burgandy choir dresses. Your 'Bond-girl' pictures in them are actually the only memory I have of those dresses :) and even as beautiful as you and Dawn S. are, you can't fix ugly :) ps, If you find a way to organize toys to the kids room and have them STAY there. Let me know... I'm willing to pay. In bonds ;)

Lacey said...

I took a cs5 class at MCC last semester and loved it! If we hadn't moved I would have taken more classes. And because I was a SAHM when I applied for financial aid I ended up getting PAID to take the class! It was awesome! I was learning something I wanted to know AND I had money leftover! I was able to buy my CS5 program with the money I got from the class!

Rappleye Family said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! I love a new year too!! Good luck with your goals!