Arizona Museum for Youth

A while back I purchased a Groupon to the Arizona Museum for Youth.  It was a 10 visit pass for only $25.  It's a steal since regular admission is $7 for anyone over the age of 1.  I've been wanting to go use it forever, but we've been down to one car again lately since our Aveo is having issues.  Last week my mom came to visit, so we finally had an opportunity to go!  It's not very big, but it's so much fun.  There is so much for your kids to do, you could spend all day there.

 The lighting in there was horrible, so these pictures aren't the best quality.   There was a play kitchen and store, a performing studio, a place lined with mirrors for babies, giant blocks...so many things to do.  We stayed in the first room "Artville" for over an hour!

Then we were off to explore the rest of the museum.  There's the cutest little piano.
 The keys light up when you play it.  I love it!  Can I have this in my house?

The had a whole section devoted to Looney Tunes (it's being replaced with "Things that Fly" in February).  They had original sketches and artwork, a black light room, a place to make a stop motion video, and a green screen so you could put yourself right in the cartoon!


The also had an area devoted to art and crafts, and right around there was the biggest Lite Brite you've ever seen!  They called it a Pixel Wall.  So fun!

But out of everything, I think this simple wooden playset was Kate's favorite.  
She had to save the princess from the dragon many many times.

It was really fun!  We can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Kim said...

what a fun place. Your pictures are awesome even with bad lighting. Seriously i need your skills.