"Teacup Ride"

How Kate re-creates Disneyland for Max:


In other Max news, the x-ray showed that his soft spot had closed, so my doctor ordered a CT scan to get a better look.  That is scheduled for next Wednesday.  I'm trying really hard to stay positive about this, but it's hard when you know that surgery is a very likely possibility.  A very scary surgery at that.  I don't want my little boy to go under the knife, and have his skull broken and put back together again.  It makes me sick just thinking about it.  So I really really try not to.  But tonight I'm not succeeding.  I can't help but worry about my little man and what the future holds for him.  Please keep him in your prayers.

I'm so thankful for my family.  I love my husband more than anything and am so grateful for him.  He works so hard to provide for our family and I'm so incredibly thankful that that allows me to be able to do my favorite job: being a mom.  I have to say when I was younger, motherhood didn't sound like very much fun to me.  It wasn't something I really looked forward to, and after seeing a lot of children come and go (my family did foster care), it wasn't something I was ready to jump into when I married Dustin.  It took 4 years for the Lord to finally have me feel like the time was right, and it was the greatest decision I've ever made in my life.  Nothing makes me happier than being home with my children.  I'm grateful for Kate and her ability to make me laugh and test my patience each day.  I'm thankful for my baby Max and all of his cuddly cute-ness.  They are awesome, and they make my life happy.

I'm grateful for the Gospel in my life.  Lately I've been watching someone I know struggle with a decision to leave the church, and it had me questioning my own beliefs.  Is this something I was raised to believe?  Or is it something that I know?  I've never had that one defining moment that makes it undeniably true, I simply know it's true because I can't imagine my life without it.  I know it's true by the joy I feel when I go to church.  I know it's true because I can feel the power of the priesthood in my home.  Yes there are unanswered questions, and things we don't understand, but that's why it's called faith.

I'm thankful for my home.  I'm thankful that we have a place to raise our children.  I'm thankful for Dustin's job and that we have financial stability.  I'm thankful that we have modes of transportation.  I'm thankful for modern technology.  I'm so blessed to live at this time on earth, with electricity, indoor plumbing, and modern medicine.  I'm grateful to live in America, and more specifically Arizona.  I'm thankful for the beautiful weather this time of year, and the beautiful sunsets we experience daily. I'm thankful for my talents and hobbies, and how fun photography is for me.

I didn't mean for this to ramble on so, I guess it's just one of those deep-in-thought nights.  And I guess since it's thanksgiving in 2 days, it's very fitting.  I'm thankful for my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments: