First week



Well it's almost been a week since little Max entered our lives. We were discharged from the hospital last Thursday morning. My mom and Alex stayed through the weekend to help us out. It was awesome having them here! They were such a big help with Kate and I couldn't be more grateful! Dustin went back to work today so today is my first official day all on my own with two kids. So far it's going well...

Max is doing great. He did lose quite a bit of weight since he was born. He was born at 7 lbs 9 oz, and when we took him to the doctor on Friday for his circumcision he only weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. We had some feeding issues in those first couple days but now we both got the hang of it and he is eating steadily every two hours. Yes, even at night. I'm very tired! He should gain that weight back soon and we have another appointment for him next week to check on his progress. He is such a good baby and we just love him! It's so fun having a newborn again. I just love to snuggle and hold him and have him sleep on my chest.



Kate is just in LOVE with her baby brother. I'm so glad she is transitioning well. She loves to hold him and burp him and play with him. She is always saying "he is so CUTE!".



I'm recovering decently I think. I'm in more pain than I was with Kate but I guess that's because this was my 2nd surgery. The pain killers they gave me make me super sleepy, so that's a struggle, but other than that I feel really great.


I am LOVING our little family of four!  I couldn't be happier. 


3 comments:

Petersens said...

Erin he is adorable! I love the pics of Kate & Max together!They are so precious! Sorry about the sleep & the pain! Hope you recover quickly! xoxox

Rachel said...

Yeah! He is adorable! So glad things went well for you.
I love all the pics, especially the hospital ones! Good luck these next few weeks adjusting to 2 kids! You'll do great!

Kim said...

He is so handsome! Congrats again. so great that Kate is adjusting well, we are a little nervous about how Jackson will react to Emma