Today I had my 37 week appointment. The baby's heartbeat is good, my blood pressure is good, and I'm measuring right on schedule. I elected to not get checked until next week, so I don't know if I'm progressing or not. My guess is not, since I haven't been having any contractions or anything. Well, maybe a few here and there but mostly I'm just super uncomfortable all the time. I've definitely hit that "too-big-to-do-anything-or-show-my-face-in-public" phase. I do not feel cute, and I am so ready to be done with being pregnant.
Since I had my camera out, Kate just had to take pictures too! It's funny, she only wants to take pictures when I'm trying not to.
It was her idea to pose like that.
Which brings us to what this post, like most posts, is really about...Kate. You may be wondering how Kate is handling all this. Well, not that well actually.
It's really starting to hit her that the baby is coming soon. She goes back and forth about being "happy" and "sad" that baby brother is coming. She has gotten SO clingy. Anytime I'm on the computer she'll come and close it. Anytime I try to watch something for myself on TV she'll turn it off. Anytime I start to clean, she'll just make a bigger mess. Even when Dustin is home, she insists on sitting with mommy. She's been harder to put to bed lately, and she comes into our room at least twice during the night. 90% of my time right now is devoted to paying attention to Kate. I'm trying to not be not be irritated by it, and just soak up the little bit of time left as just the two of us. And most of the time that's just what I do. We cuddle and watch movies, read books, sing songs, and lay on the couch and talk. It breaks my heart a little bit that she's so worried about the new baby, so I'm praying that she'll adjust well.
So that's our lives right now. We're just waiting and waiting. I hope these last 12 days pass quickly!


4 comments:
You're not alone. Colt is doing the same thing being a little cling-monster. He definitley knows something is going to change his world pretty soon. Totally normal. They have no choice but to adapt afterward right. Not like we'll send the sibling back. :) I get excited to check your blog to see if anything happens sooner.
Riley was too young to understand a new baby...but as soon as Max came (good name, by the way!) she started doing the same thing. She's better, but for three months she was a monster. She loved her baby brother though...she took out all her anger on me, so hopefully Kate will do the same thing :)
Good luck! The last couple of weeks are awful and I'm excited you're almost done!!
I am sure she will do great!!! If you are really worried about it, we had someone recommend we had Tucker give her a present when she came to meet him at the hospital. Being the great brother he is, he gave her a cute little tricycle. Everytime she would ride it we would stress the fact that it was her brother who gave it to her. I think it helped a ton, if you aren't above bribbing for some sibling love : )
Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes quick for you!
I hope Taylor doesn't do that, but it does sound pretty normal. Sorry you are so uncomfortable! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics of your little boy :)
Post a Comment