
Isn't this little girl cute?
That's all.
Okay not really. I just wanted to post that picture.
Over the past few days I've been thinking about some goals that I wanted to set for this year. I love to learn. I just love it. I want to learn how to do everything in this life (okay, not everything) and so I've got a few things that I want to learn how to do this year.
Cake decorating. I've always wanted to learn how to do this well, and shows like Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes reminded me how much fun it could be. My mom bought me some basic stuff for Christmas, and I'm going to start by taking some lessons at Joanns. Does anybody want to take them with me? It'll be fun!
Sewing. A couple months ago, I borrowed my sisters sewing machine and I have yet to do anything with it. I'm going to start small. I'm going to make some kitchen curtains and some pillows for my couch. I'll test the water, and if I like it I'll plan on taking some sewing classes as well!
I also want to take more hair classes. Even though I'm not currently working in a salon, hairdressing is still one of my passions, and I want to take some continuing educational courses this year.
Other goals this year:
Pay down debt! We can't wait to get our tax credit and get our heads above water again.
Save money each month
Start a retirement plan. (Yeah we don't have one, and we really should!)
Finish reading the Book of Mormon. I had a goal to finish reading it before Christmas, and I failed miserably. So, I'll set a new deadline. Let's say... March 25th.
Go to the temple more often! I just realized that it's been since Sherice was endowed that I went to the temple. That's 6 months ago. Yikes. I know it's been even longer for Dustin. So let's set a reasonable goal and say...I will visit the temple 6 times this year. That's every other month. That's doable right?
Make my house a home. I want to do something for my home each month. It may be painting a room, upgrading fixtures, or just adding some pictures to my wall.
Okay I think that's good. I maybe should also set a goal to lose weight, but I'm not even going to worry about that until I'm done nursing my incredibly hungry baby. I will start walking more often though. I will. I will, I will, I will.
So there you go--some not-so-thought-out goals for 2010. I'm very excited for this year and for all the adventures it will bring!
--and seriously, does anybody want to take my cake decorating class with me? I don't want to go alone! I'm going to Joanns this Saturday. I saw online that they are having some sort of open house from 1:00-3:00 and all classes are 50% off! So...any takers? Please?
1 comment:
Erin I would totally go with you if I was closer! I took a cake decorating class when I lived in tucson and I LOVED it!!! It is sooo fun. I hope you enjoy it!
Post a Comment