The 50 year old blue dress

My mom has been visiting us the past couple of days. Today we took Kate to get some professional portraits. We were trying to recreate this picture:

This is me. Ain't I cute?

My great-grandmother (Kate's great-great grandmother) purchased this dress and my mother has a picture in it, my Aunt Sherri has a picture in it, my cousin Khristen has a picture in it...and now Kate! It was so fun to keep this tradition alive, and it's such a beautiful dress!

You think she's my daughter? haha. She looks just like me!!

We also took some pictures without the blue dress, and I think they turned out pretty cute too.







Photobucket

4 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

LOVE THAT POST!!!!

Kim said...

Awesome Pictures! What a cool thing, i remember seeing that blue dress in many pictures.

Alicia said...

What adorable pictures!

Paul & Lisa Watson said...

How can i get some of these cute pictures? I definitely want the close up of Kate. I want to redo my picture wall so if you can email me some of her pictures over the last several months that would be great! I will get the prints made. Thanks.