Following through

One of new year's resolutions this year was to work on making my house a home. Here's what I've been working on lately!


We finally ordered our family pictures that we took about 4 months ago. I put them all into frames, and hung them above my entertainment center.


We found this shelf at Goodwill (my new favorite store!). It was originally ugly pine, but with some black spray paint and sand paper, I made it beautiful.

I also finally busted out my sewing machine today. Having not sewn since junior high, it took me quite a while to figure it out! haha. I would be lying if I said I was a little frustrated. I was VERY frustrated. I couldn't keep the dang needle threaded. I would start sewing and then everything would come undone. I finally figured out my mistake after reading the manual for the twentieth time. Turns out I was threading the needle from the back, not the front--and I guess that's very important!

Anyway-- I made these pillows. They were kind of a "test" to see what I could remember from home economics.

And finally, here's what I put up in Kate's room.
I found these old frames in a box of my old high school stuff. I painted them red to match her room. The cute black thing was another Goodwill find! I spray painted it black and distressed it a little, and I think it turned out adorable!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley Lois said...

very cute!

Alicia said...

I love it! You are so creative and talented! It looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

wow that looks so good.... after you told me your secret about goodwill i totally went there!!!