No One Mourns the WICKED!



Last Thursday my mom, Bethany and I went to see WICKED!

I really really love to go to shows, so whenever the big ones come the Gammage Auditorium, I figure out some way to go. This time we got tickets through Dustin's work. A YEAR AGO. Yeah, I've been waiting to see this for a full year! It was completely worth it!
Photobucket
Photobucket


Dustin really deserves a pat on the back for watching Kate while I went to this. She wouldn't take a bottle, and was crying and hungry the whole time I was gone. Poor thing! Plus he also watched Bethany's two kids for about 2 hours until Jaron could get there. So sorry babe! But THANK YOU!


I had read the novel by Gregory Maguire before seeing the play. Let's just say the play was a much CLEANER and HAPPIER version of the story that I read. I absolutely LOVED the play. It was so amazing.

We even had understudies in both of the main roles. I can't imagine how it could have been any better. Those girls were unbelievably talented!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

It was SO good!! I really can't imagine how the real people could have been better. The understudies were amazing! Did you notice when the Elphaba's fathers cap got caught in the wheel chair? And then when Fiyero threw the book and it bounced off the set, then a member of the cast threw it off stage?

Sara said...

I am so jealous, I really wanted to see it! I am glad you have fun, I have heard it was amazing. And sometimes you just need to get away for a few hours even if the baby cries the whole time, it really is ok. Good for you:)

Kourtney Dawn said...

OH!!! We went and saw Wicked a couple weeks ago and had understudies too, it was so freakin good, I LOVED it, I would have gone back the next night to see it again!!!