My brothers- Super Scouts!

These are my brothers Jared and Alex.

Aren't they cute?

Jared and Alex are both such amazing young men. I'm so impressed by them all the time. Currently I'm most impressed by their accomplishments in scouting. Jared is only 15 and Alex is only 13. They have earned a TON of merit badges (I really should know how many, but I don't), and have most recently been inducted into the Order of the Arrow. I don't know much about scouting, but this is a BIG DEAL. Here's some information about it that I got off of the BSA website.

Scouts are elected to the Order by their fellow unit members, following approval by the Scoutmaster or Varsity team Coach. To become a member, a youth must be a registered member of a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team and hold First Class rank. The youth must have experienced fifteen days and nights of Boy Scout camping during the two-year period prior to the election. The fifteen days and nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of six consecutive days and five nights of resident camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. The balance of the camping must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps.

The induction ceremony, called the Ordeal, is the first step toward full membership. During the experience, candidates maintain silence, receive small amounts of food, work on camp improvement projects, and are required to sleep alone, apart from other campers. The entire experience is designed to teach significant values.

Pretty impressive right?


That's my dad on the right. He's the Scout Master for Troup 7706. 6 of these 10 boys selected for Order of the Arrow are in his troup.


A couple weeks back, the scouts went for a week long camp out at Geronimo. During which the Order of the Arrow thing happened, but also this happened to my brother Alex.


It's a tradition to take a rock from the bottom of this pool,

and place it on the dam. While Alex was moving what has been described to me as a 50 lb boulder, he accidentally dropped it on his toe. He was really tough through all the pain, and Jared ran 3 miles to go get medical help.

They wrapped his foot in a shirt

and carried him back to camp.

My dad said he was so impressed by all of the scouts that day and how they all came together to help in a time of need.

Okay so now the real purpose of this post. I just have to brag a little. My brothers, only 15 and 13, are
EAGLE SCOUTS!
That's right! That's so amazing to me. Their court of honor will be on August 2nd. I'm so proud of the both of them for accomplishing such an amazing task at such a young age.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jared would want everyone to know that he is now 15! He did earn his Eagle while he was 14. It was his goal to get it before his 15th b-day, which he did. We are proud of our boys! It is great that all 3 of our boys recieved their Eagles. Erin, the boys will love this blog when I show it to them!