Independence Day!

We went up to the White Mountains for the Fourth of July. We had so much fun. The weather is so nice up there! It's such a nice break from the valley heat. I didn't take many pictures this weekend, which is so unlike me. The only picture I took was this one:
We went bowling on Friday with Sherice, Scott and Lacie, and I did SO good! I usually bowl around an 85 or less with lots of gutter balls. But this time the bowling alley gave me velcro shoes, and I think they were my lucky token. The first game I tied with Dustin with a 125. Which basically means that I beat him, because I'm never good at bowling. The second game I got a 139! I got strikes and spares, it was madness! Will I continue to be good at bowling? Probably not. But we'll always remember my day of glory. Thanks velcro shoes.

Saturday morning we went to the parade in Showlow. It was fun, but kind of stressful for me since I had forgotten the sunscreen for Kate. I had to shade her with my nursing cover, and she was not very happy. Then I had to feed her while we were there. I did my best to not flash anyone, but Kate was being very wiggly so I'm not sure how successful I was. Hopefully all eyes were on the parade and not on the frazzled mother with a crying baby. Afterwards we ate lunch at Licanos while the parade traffic died down.

Later that afternoon we took a trip to Snowflake. Dustin and his family went golfing, while I visited my family and did my mother's hair. After that, we had a barbeque in Pinetop and watched the fireworks in Showlow. It was a very fun Independence Day. We had a blast!

Sunday morning was Jaylee's blessing in Snowflake. I wish I had taken a picture of her because she looked so cute in her little dress and crochet hat. But I was a camera-loser this weekend. The blessing was beautiful. I was a little teary-eyed until Dustin came back laughing. I guess Jaylee decided to roll and Dustin had to catch her mid-blessing! I would never have known if they hadn't told us, because Jaron never even paused while giving her the blessing! We had lunch with Bethany's family afterward, and then went back to my family's house for second lunch.

We spent the rest of the day there napping and playing spoons with my siblings. We love these opportunities we have to go home and visit family. It's always so much fun. We're always sad to leave, but very grateful to be back home.

4 comments:

RonElaine said...

LOL about flashing someone - nursing in public gets lots easier with time. I was always stressed when nursing Liah (not so much that someone would SEE something, but what would I do if someone SAID something), but I pretended to be confidant.

This time around, I nurse EVERYWHERE and what's even more shocking, I don't even think about it. I just start nursing and (gasp!) never even cover up. Only after a few minutes do I realize, "Hey, I'm nursing...hmmm, hope no one minds!" Even if someone did, I'm pretty sure I'd keep nursing anyway.

Just funny to think about how much different it is this time around.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

I've always had this thought at baby blessings: What if someone dropped the baby? Glad Dustin was there to save the day!

Jessie and Byron said...

Hey, do you know what happened to the cute fonts? They arent working this evening, and I see your arent either, what the heck? You know anything?