It's blog-tastic!

I love to blog. I blog a lot. It's very fun for me to sit down with my laptop and tell you all stories about my life. My blog is my hobby, my journal, and now it's been made into a book!

A couple of months ago I happened upon a little site called blurb.com. Blurb offers software that enables you to create books. Photography books, regular books, and blog books. I was very excited because before that moment, I had been saving my blogs in word documents, dreading the day that I had to print them out. The software lets you design your cover, and lets you design your pages any way you want with various layouts and backgrounds. Very cool.

I made a "test" book of all my entries from last year. It's really plain and simple, but it's nice to have it in print.

Then I decided to create another book with all the posts from the first half of this year. I was much more creative with this one, and I'm very pleased on how it all turned out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


You can also order multiple prints of your book. So if you're an excellent writer and you know that people would buy copies of your book, you can actually set a price for other people to purchase it at. *hint, hint Alicia*

So I just thought I would share that information with all of you. A lot of you probably already knew about it (I know Kim and Elaine do), but I just think it's something you should know.

oh- and shell out the bucks for the hardcover. It looks way better than the softcover.

--I also had a ton of fun with the fonts from kevinandamanda.com/fonts. Once you download the fonts on your computer you can use them in any program, including the blurb software.


Photobucket

4 comments:

RonElaine said...

That's so cool to actually SEE your book. Even though I know its totally worth it, its still hard to separate with my hard-earned cash.

That makes me really excited about printing ours!

Alicia said...

Thanks soooo much for post this! I've been trying to get a blurb book going for about a year now, but my computer is too old do get the software I need.
But it's good to see what the books come out looking like.
I put so much time into my blog knowing that someday I'll have a cool book like yours for my grandkiddies to look at and say, "Grandma was a dork."

Deven and Britany Dicus said...

Your book looks so cute! I have been making my book and the font thing is good to know, it makes it look so much better!

Kourtney Dawn said...

i did mine too a couple months ago, I'm just waiting to get it now!!! So exciting!!!