I love Saturdays

Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I love to get out of the house on Saturdays. I feel a little bad, because I know Dustin wants to relax, but I need to go somewhere! Yesterday we went to lunch at Rubios. I had my standard fiesta salad, and Dustin had his usual bean and cheese burrito. We got some things we needed at Target, and then we hit up Hobby Lobby. After that we went to the Superstion Springs Mall. They have the cutest new store there! It's called Romy. They have so many cute dresses! I can't wear dresses right now, since I'm nursing, but I did get two cute tops. Everything there is affordable and really cute.

Then we went to the dollar theater they have there and saw Angels and Demons. Kate was fussy, and I had to keep getting up and taking her to the back of the theater, but it was worth it. The movie was really good. The book the movie is based off of, is actually my favorite out of all of Dan Brown's novels. I think they did a good job with bringing the story to life, even if they did change it up a bit. Next time we bring Kate to a movie, we'll plan to sit in the back of the theater.
After the movie, Kate was making cute faces while sitting in her stroller and I captured a few of them.
For dinner I went to one of my favorite wesbsites- allrecipes.com. We had some browning bananas and I wanted to use them. I found a delicious recipe for banana pancakes with a peanut butter syrup! The pancakes was just a standard pancake recipes with 2 mashed bananas added to it. The syrup was made with 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter. Bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simple. So delicious! It is a really strong flavor, so don't use too much.

When we were at Hobby Lobby I purchased some things I wanted for a craft. I wanted to make these cute hair bows! They were really fun and easy to make. Kate was a good sport and helped me model them.




Man I have a cute daughter!!

1 comment:

RonElaine said...

Those bows turned out way cute!

I don't usually wear dresses, but it seems as though whenever I am nursing, I always want to.

I do have one belted shirt dress that I can nurse in since it has a button up front, maybe I should buy more of those...