Thanks to a combination of counting calories, Wii Fit, and breastfeeding I have lost a total of
47 pounds!
That's just three pounds away from what I weighed before I got pregnant! Woo-hoo!
So why the H-E-double-hockey-sticks does nothing fit?
If I weigh (almost) the same then my old clothes should fit right? Well, they don't. Not even close. I'm still wearing my maternity jeans because I don't want to buy pant sizes that are almost double what they were before. I found myself buying skirts marked XL. Not cool. Not cool at all.
I haven't had a problem adjusting to mommy life. I absolutely love it. I've never been happier in my life than I am right now. What I am having a problem with, however; is adjusting to this new body. I hate that I have saggy boobs, but I'm okay with that. I was expecting that. I wasn't expecting my new belly.
When I was pregnant, I was HUGE. I carried out front, and I was all baby. People asked me if I was having twins all the time. So, as a result of that, I'm left with horrible stretchmarks from my navel to my knees, and a very flabby belly. This is why nothing fits.
I just have to know-- does this ever go away?
What did you do to get it to go away?
Is there a miracle cream to help me with these stretch marks?
Obviously, whatever condition I may be in now, it was all worth it because I have this.
But please. Help me feel sexy again!
13 comments:
First of all, I wore a maternity shirt yesterday and got comopliments out the wazookee. You can't tell it's maternity, and it hides my baby pooch. I also have a pair of maternity shorts that I haven't given up.
Second of all, when you have a baby, your bones change -especially in the hip area.
Third of all, PILATES BABY! When I was doing my pikates consistently (post having Lacy) Danny said I looked better than he'd ever seen -including when we first married. Pilates were orginally created to help injured ballet dancers keep their tone and flexibility without aggravting injuries. They're relaxing and very effective, expecially when you find some that work the abdomen area.
I found some great DVDs at Wal-Mart for $5. You can also find some at Ross for cheap.
Finally, YOU LOOK SOOOOO GOOD! You're a beautiful woman -you should never feel anything other than sexy.
And I'm okay saying that. Because you and I both know I'm no lesbo.
I meant to say "compliments".
What the heck is a comopliment?
And I also meant to say "pilates".
What the heck are "pikates?"
I think you look AWESOME...congrats on the 45 lbs, that is AMAZING!!!!
Totally with you on the "why does my body look like that if I have lost all the weight". I don't know if you read my post about my own "battle of the belly bulge", but I have been working really hard to fix it.
Get a jogging stroller! It makes it so easy to exercise with the baby. Even if you are not a runner (which is me...I always feel like a fool while I run, but oh well), it helps so much. I try to run- or more of a wogging (walking with a dash of jogging)- at least 1.5-2 miles 3 to 4 times a week.
Add pilates everyday for toning.
Not that I am a fitness expert, but this is some of the advice I got. I have been doing it for a week and can totally tell a difference!
give yourself TIME, girly! my baby is almost a year old, and only recently have i been feeling normal again. when she turned about 6 months, i finally noticed a difference in my hips and rib cage. i didn't lose any pounds, but my clothes started to fit better. MOST women don't bounce back in months, it takes a year and sometimes lots of hard work! GOOD JOB ON THE 47 LBS!! that's amazing! and i've had to start buying different styles of clothes, such as a higher rise pant, etc to help with my body, cuz it is just so different! i feel like i look better naked than in clothes. :) anyway.. you are normal, and cute as ever! you look great!
Erin! you look amazing! As far as the jeans not fitting, that is completely normal. When your pregnant your hips move to create a wider birth canal, which i'm sure you already knew this. But it takes a while for your hips to move back. iT does take a little while before they feel normal. As far as the stretch marks go, they will fad but never disappear completely. Sorry. I Have them too. they suck. and the last thing i gotta say is......WELCOME TO THE CLUB!
I am super jealous of your weight loss. And, you look smokin' HOT! I'm still hanging onto 20 lbs!!! Grrrrr
About nothing fitting - its so frustrating. After Liah was born I lost an additional 10 lbs (so I was 10 lbs less than before I got prego w/Liah) and I still wore the same size of jeans/shirts.
Rest assured, you WILL feel sexy again - it just takes time...apparently for me, this time around it will take a loooong time.
You look GREAT Erin!! Good job on losing all that weight!!!
You are sooo not alone! There's comfort in that I hope! You've already got some great advice it looks like! Your stretch marks will fade! Give it a year. I got some more with Taylor and its crazy how red they are compared to the ones I got with Kaylin! There's a website I found I long time ago when I was struggling really bad with my post baby belly. Its http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/. Ladies post pics of their bodies after they had babies. Lots of Nakey pics so if your uncomfortable with that don't look at it!!! LOL. It really helped me realize I'm not alone!
when you figure it out lmk!!! I am fatter then ever even after riding my bike everyday for miles!!! UGH!!! Also I just totally want to chew on Kate she is so dang adorable!!!! And since I have been a blog slacker lately, I have to say your blog just made my morning,, Johnny Depp, Super baby Kate, Zack Morris.... ok you get it, but you do look great!!!
YOU GO GIRL!! 47 pounds is a BIG DEAL. I only recently (about 10 months after having the baby) got down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Like everyone else said, just give it time. Even if you're not working out like a crazy woman, your body will start to go back to normal. I would say definitely do ab workouts. Pilates has some AMAZING ab workouts that really aren't very hard to do. I really like windsor pilates. You can buy the dvds relatively cheap. Stretch marks and saggy boobs... they are there to stay! Bummer, I know. But enjoy your boobs now cause they WILL get worse after being sucked dry for an extended period of time. Mine are... not pretty. Haha.
You look great! Don't worry too much about it until you have 1 year old and it still hasn't changed. Sometimes it takes that much time.
I think I have a pilates book at home. Ask me about it when you get here this weekend. I agree with everyone else. You look fantastic! Just breathe.....and let....it....go....!!
Love, Mom
Hey Erin, You look great! Seriously you're so pretty! I'm not through that stage yet...so I'm still making "the plan" to getting my body back. lol. Sounds like Pilates is a good way to go. I did find this site for this belly wraps (I've used them before and LOVE them! They help you shed water weight fast!) http://www.babooshbaby.com/tauts.html
I don't know how long after a C-section you might wait before using one.. but they're really effective!
I also found this other sight for stretch marks. It Has Free products to try (that susposedly really help). http://www.byestretchmarks.com/
Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome! I think it is very normal to feel what you are feeling. I also lost my pregnancy weight pretty quickly but definitely wore the weight very differently. Instead of going out and spending a lot of money on jeans I knew (or at least hoped) I wouldn't be wearing very long, I went to Savers and just spent a few bucks on a pair of pants that fit. It was depressing to me to still wear maternity jeans so I went out and bought some pants that fit. It helped me a lot. Now that Natalie is almost seven months old, I can fit in my pre-pregnancy pants. So, it just takes time.
I also did P90X. Roland wanted to work out with me, so we purchased the program and worked out at home together in the evening. It was fun to be able to do that together and he pushed me to work hard. That program was amazing. I had better muscle tone than I have ever had. I still have some pesky tummy flab but it made me feel a lot better about myself.
Something else that has helped me is to actually take time to get ready in the morning. I still am really bad at it and usually end up spending the day in pajamas and no make-up. But, the days I actually get up and shower, get dressed, and make myself look presentable, I end up being a lot more productive and feel better about myself at the end of the day.
I think you are doing amazing though. You have such an adorable little daughter. I wish you luck. You will feel better soon! :)
I think you look wonderful! But I do know how you feel. I haven't been pregnant for over a year and I still have a belly. Plus, I have people asking me if I'm pregnant. You should be very proud of yourself for loosing tons of weight, with time you will fit in pre-baby clothes.
Post a Comment